SDG IMPACT AWARDS-Privacy and Other Policies
The Organization is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title or function
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as employment affiliation, postal code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- other information we deem necessary to provide a quality experience for those registering projects, voters and visitors to the site.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You will have the opportunity to opt out of such promotional emails.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide when visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish to have such promotional information.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
SDG Impact Awards
244 5th Ave. Suite 2966
New York City, NY 10001
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may request that we delete any information that we have that you have provided by contacting us by email or in writing at the addresses provided above. Please allow ten (10) business days for such action to be completed.
Our Refund Policy
The only services we provide are registrations required for posting of SDG supportive projects and registrations for SDG Impact Award events. Fees required to post an SDG supportive project that will be eligible to receive an SDG Impact Award are non-refundable. Fees required to purchase tickets to an SDG Impact Awards event are not refundable, although we will attempt to sell tickets that you can not utilize if you provide us with your authority to try to sell the tickets on your behalf within 30 days of the scheduled event. We do not guarantee that we will be able to sell the tickets on your behalf. If we do sell the tickets on your behalf, we will deduct from the proceeds ten (10%) as a fee for handling the transaction plus (5%) to cover credit card charges, if any, and other costs related to reselling your tickets.
All project registration and event registration fees will be recognized by an email.